A traditional local's pub at the heart of the village.Grade 2 listed building dating from 16c, being a public house from 1890. Previously, the Bell, now named after the Walnut Tree at the front of the pub. Appleshaw was granted the right to two annual fairs in 1658 and became a rival to the great Weyhill sheep fair. W.G. Grace once played cricket here, with his bat made of Wallop willow.